Friday, September 25, 2015

My First Badger Game

This last weekend I was fortunate enough to get tickets to go to a Wisconsin Badger football game.  I'm not a huge football fan, but the atmosphere of these kinds of football games makes me interested and enthused about football. I think the overall experience of being at any type of sport event is what interests me; rather than sitting on your couch watching the game over the television and hearing commercials every five minutes.


Go Wisconsin!

On Saturday morning I headed to my brothers place for a pre-game party with him and his housemates along with some of their parents and friends. As usual, the parents brought way to much food and it is safe to say that they will be eating left overs for an entire week. Their entire porch was packed with people and two tables held various types of food from brats and hamburgers to chips and multiple different desserts. 





The game started at 2:30 so after lunch we cleaned up and walked to the stadium (which was only a 5-10 minute walk). I couldn't believe how many people turned up for the game. In literally every direction that you looked, it was a sea of red. Walking into the stadium we opted to sit in Section K; a bit off center from behind the end zone and is one of the student sections. 


Unfortunately, some of us got split up from the group, but the group I was with was close to the field; actually about 5 rows behind the band. 


The guy in front of me moved a little bit but I like this picture because it shows my view of the field
and how beautiful of a day it was
The weather was absolutely beautiful; not too hot but not too cold - about 70 degrees, sunny, and a slight breeze. The first two quarters flew by and we were in the lead. I was enjoying my time and actually getting into the game. Whenever there was a touchdown I cheered, if there was an interception or a good play I clapped, and if there was a bad call I booed. 

Bucky doing his pushups.


Finally, the time every UW student and fan waits for came; the famous 'Jump around' between the 3rd and 4th quarter. I was quite nervous for this part, not going to lie, because we were packed like sardines and the benches weren't the sturdiest, but I managed. As soon as those first few notes of the song blared throughout the stadium, cheers rang out and hands were in the air. I'm not sure how the place is still standing because the entire audience was jumping up and down to the song. 

If you want an idea of the craziness, click the link down below:
(This is not my video, I own no rights)


Touch down Badgers!

Before I knew it the game was over and we won! The majority of the stadium cleared out but a good portion of us stayed after for 5th quarter (When the UW band has their time to shine)! All of the band members went out on the field and played upbeat songs like the chicken dance to get us off our feet and have fun. After 5th quarter, the band filed out and myself and the group hiked back through the Camp Randall arch to head back home. 

It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to go to another game. In the mean time every game day I will be wearing Red to represent!
Go Bucky Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment