Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Product Review: OGX® Shampoo & Condioner

When it comes to shampoos I tend to stick with just one brand and trying numerous varieties. Growing up I stuck with the cheaper shampoos such as Suave and Garnier Fructis; which wasn't the best idea. Cheaper shampoos tend to contain mostly alcohol, which strips your hair of it's natural oils and thus, making your hair look dull & frizzy and feeling dry. It wasn't until a couple years ago that I decided to switch it up and give other shampoos a try. Venturing down the shampoo/conditioner aisle might be scary and never-ending. There are SO MANY different kinds to choose from and the prices can be a bit intimidating.


When I bought my first OGX shampoo & conditioner I was hoping that this was my holy grail, or at least a step up; which it definitely was! It left my hair feeling soft and clean not dry and frizzy. It even gave my hair a bit of life. I want to add that the smell is also very nice. The Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo (pictured above), has a lovely calming scent to it. It smells of a rich cocoa butter and a hint of tropical coconut.

I personally think that OGX is a great brand to use if you don't want to spend too much money but also have healthier feeling/looking hair. One bottle costs $7.99, which is a bit pricey when you realize that you need to buy both the shampoo and conditioner at that price - equaling about $16 just on hair product. BUT I think it is well worth the money and I can frequently find Buy one, Get one 50% off deals. So, if you stick to these kinds of sales it isn't as bad. In addition, they will last you a good five or so months, depending on how frequently you wash your hair. I wash my hair about every other day or every two days, and I have had this shampoo and conditioner since spring. 

I definitely recommend this shampoo/conditioner if you are looking to transition your hair back into a healthy status. I must stress that it doesn't happen over night but within the first few washes you will notice your hair feeling and looking much better

Overall I will give this shampoo & conditioner a 8.7/10. The price is very reasonable, and it leaves my hair healthy and soft, but there are other shampoos out there that I have yet to try out.

Let me know in the comments if you have any recommendations! 


Much Love! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment