Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloween Snacks & Decorations

Halloween is one of my top favorite holidays. Everything about it excites me, from the spooky and eerie atmosphere to the decorations and scary movies. I unfortunately have to work all afternoon on Halloween so I won't be able to do much baking or binge watching scary movies. Which is quite upsetting but I do get to dress up for work. I'm always bad at deciding what I want to be and now that I am a college student on a tight budget I don't have extra cash to spend on an extravagant costume. However, I do have some ideas of what I could be based on what I can pull from my wardrobe.

 What are you guys going to be for Halloween? And are you doing anything fun for the evening? 

Since my day is filled with work I decided to celebrate a couple days early. I spent the afternoon and evening decorating my table and filling it with snacks. 


Most of the decorations I picked up at the Dollar Tree to save some cash and I did grab a couple of items from Target which were a bit pricey but I can use them next year as well, and as I mentioned early I'm obsessed with Halloween so they will definitely be put to use! (: 

From the dollar tree I grabbed a bag of black webbing without the spiders to act as a table cloth. If you have a bigger table you'll probably need 2 or 3 bags, but I just have a small table so I could get away with 1 and stretching it. I also grabbed the glowing skull, plastic cups, a glowing tapered candle, and a pack of glowing tea-lights. I went earlier in the month to pick up some decorations for at work and found these really cool plastic skull goblets, but when I went back to grab stuff for at my apartment they were all sold out. I was super bummed but then found a black tinted wine glass that I could use instead. The last thing I picked up at the dollar tree was a plastic punch bowl to hold my beverage. 

At Target I picked up assorted baking essentials and treats for the caramel apples and a fun halloween themed cupcake holder (pictured below), but in my opinion you could probably get away with using it all year round. 


For the food I made 3 simple treats inspired from Pinterest, and a Punch that consists of Hawaiian fruit punch and a can of Minute Maid Lemonade.
 First I made these fun pudding cups that I colored depending on which cups I would be pouring the pudding into. I did green for the monster from Frankenstein, orange for my fun jack-o-lantern faces, and left some plain vanilla pudding for the ghost. 
FUN FACT: The monster isn't actually named Frankenstein, it was actually the scientist whose named Frankenstein but so many people think that Frankenstein is the creature that was brought to life. . . The more you know. (: 
I found these pudding cups super fun to make because you can draw anything you'd like on the plastic cups and make each one unique. I do recommend having these guys chill out over some ice to keep them cold. 

Next I made "vampire teeth" which consists of three ingredients: Apples, peanut butter, and mini marshmallows. I put quotation marks around 'vampire teeth' because I didn't actually include fangs, but you could easily squeeze a piece of candy corn between two marshmallows on either side. I frequently enjoy grabbing an apple and a jar of peanut butter as a quick snack so I think this was my favorite halloween treat that I made. All you do is slice up an apple, spread some peanut butter on one side of two slices and stick marshmallows around the edge to act as teeth. TA-DA! Quick, easy, AND delicious! 


Last but certainly not least, I had to incorporate the classic caramel apple! It's an iconic snack for Halloween, or fall in general. I decided to amp it up a bit by cutting the apple into chunks for bite size treats, and then laid out different choices for toppings. I decided to go for candy corns, mini marshmallows, white chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips, crushed up M&M candies, multigrain cheerios, and of course chopped up peanuts for all you classic caramel apple lovers. I found this super fun because you can mix and match any toppings you'd like! I bet there will be no two caramel apples alike at your party - unless you're plain Jane and stick to the classics, but hey that's okay too! (: 


I did make a video of how I made these fun treats and posted it on my youtube channel so if you want to check it out you can click here or click on the youtube logo in the side bar.  

I hope you enjoyed this post & I hope you have a happy and safe Halloween!

I'd like to know what kind of treats you must have on Halloween.. Let me know in the comments! (: 

Much love! Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment