Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Twenty-Sixteen Resolutions

2015 is literally a thing of the past. Can you believe that? I can' t ... I guess that's what happens as you get older; the day's blend and we get so caught up in our lives that we forget to slow down and take everything in. Before we know it, Thanksgiving sneaks up on us and shortly there after, Christmas is knocking at our door, or should I say sneaking down our chimneys? Once the hustle and bustle of the Holiday's are over with, we begin to settle down and realize that the year is nearly over; we're talking by only a couple of days. It's usually during those couple of days that I reflect on the year I've had and what I'd like to work on during the next.

Now, I'm not one to make huge silly goals for the upcoming new year, but with 2015 being so life changing and eye-opening, I'd like to set some goals and things to work on for 2016. Without further ado, here are my 2016 "New Year's Resolutions":

#1: Drink more water. Goals like this aren't unrealistic and is something I think should be on everyone's list to work on. I've realized during this past year how dehydrated I was each and every day; I was almost always tired even though I'd get 8+ hours of sleep and getting headaches almost daily. I seem to get caught up in my daily activities that I just forget to drink water; which seems quite silly, but hey, some how I've mastered it.

#2: Maintain a positive attitude. Everyone has their days where depression really kicks their butt. For me, however, I seem to suffer from depression more frequently. I'm hoping for 2016 to be positive and full of excitement and adventure. I'm going to try to re-wire my brain, and although I know I can't fully escape depression, I can at least make it minimal. I want to work on having a positive outlook on life and being genuinely happy each and every day. Maintaining a positive attitude also depends on who you surround yourself with, so with that being said I plan on blocking out the negative people in my life and focusing on those who support me and my decisions along with pushing me to be a better person.

#3: Work through my anxiety. Throughout 2015 my anxiety seemed to sky-rocket. Mainly due to a change in environment: College, work, and where I live. My anxiety seemed to stop me from doing many things, such as join clubs/go to events, hangout with friends/coworkers outside of work, explore my new city, etc. I think this was troubling because I didn't actually realize that I had anxiety and I wasn't fully educated on what it is. Now that I know that I have anxiety I look forward to educating myself about it and how to deal with it throughout 2016. With that being said, I hope 2016 will be the year where I can put a damper on this issue and allow myself to live a somewhat normal life.

#4: Focus on myself. Throughout the past year I really didn't give myself much 'me' time. For the first half of the year I had two part-time jobs, I was in college full time, and the rest of my free time was spent between my boyfriend, and attempting to spend an equal amount of time between my mom and my dad. I didn't really even have time to breathe or think. The rest of the year went by just as quickly as the first half. Day's seemed to blend together and before I knew it I was back in school trying to balance my time between school and work. I definitely need to slow down and worry about my health and well-being. I think that everyone needs time to themselves, even if it is just an hour or two a day or once a week. This year I plan on giving myself "Mental health days" where I can relax and not have to worry or be in a rush.  I don't want to regret anything nor look back and wish that I did this or that: No FOMO for me (Fear.Of.Missing.Out).

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? 

Here's to making 2016 the best year yet! 
Much Love! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment